25-02-2022: ‘Vasantotsav-2022’ will be organized in Raj Bhawan on March 8th and 9th
‘Vasantotsav-2022’ will be organized in Raj Bhawan on March 8th and 9th
* The decision was taken in a meeting held under the chairmanship of Governor Lieutenant General Gurmit Singh (Retd) at Raj Bhawan on Friday.
* The festival of spring will begin with the organization of the folk festival of Uttarakhand ‘Fuldei’ at the Raj Bhawan.
* The special postal cover will have a depiction of ‘Yamuna Tulsi’ (Kunj) (Artemisia Vulgari) to be offered in the temple of Maa Yamunotri.
* Small artisans selling flower bouquets at various places of Dehradun will also be able to participate in the spring festival .
* Women self-help groups along with GMVN and IHM will arrange the food court in the spring festival.
* Five brand ambassadors who have done excellent work in the fields of mushroom, honey production, herbs, organic farming etc. will be honored by the governor.
* Honey production, perfumes, aromatic plants, medicinal herbs will be encouraged.
* Along with the display of flowers, there will be focus on the pots as well.
* The theme of the cultural program will be ‘Phoolo Ki Holi’.
Raj Bhawan Dehradun Dated 25th February, 2022
This year, Vasantotsav will be organized at Raj Bhawan on 8th and 9th March. A special postal cover on Yamuna Tulsi or Kunj to be offered in the temple of Goddess Yamuna, which is considered sacred in the hilly regions of Uttarakhand, will be released by the Department of Posts. In a meeting held under the chairmanship of Governor Lieutenant General Gurmit Singh (Retd) on Friday, various decisions were taken regarding the organization of Vasant Utsav.
As per the instructions of Governor Lt Gen Gurmit Singh (Retd), this year, with the organization of the famous folk festival of Uttarakhand, Phuldei, the Vasant Utsav 2022 will be inaugurated at Raj Bhawan. On this occasion, formalities of Phuldei festival will be completed by the little girls in the Raj Bhawan complex and the Governor will be welcomed with folk songs of Uttarakhand. The Governor directed that food courts should be set up this year on the occasion of Vasant Utsav with the help of IHM and GMVN as well as women self-help groups of the state. In this, preference will be given to local food of the state. Honey production, perfumers, aromatic plants, medicinal herbs will be encouraged in Vasantotsav 2022. Along with this, five brand ambassadors who have done excellent work in the fields of mushroom, honey production, herbs, organic farming etc. will be honored by the Governor. The Governor said that the production of edible flowers should also be encouraged. This year, along with the exhibition of flowers, the exhibition of various types of decorative pots will also be the main center of attraction, so that the artisans and small entrepreneurs who make pots can be encouraged. In this, competition will also be organized in three categories of 8 inch, 10 inch and 12 inch pots.
In this spring festival, a painting competition will also be organized for all school children in the age group of 5 years to 18 years. Children living in different orphanages, differently abled children and rag pickers children will also be specially invited in this painting competition. 21 prizes have been announced for the painting competition. Governor Lt. Gen Gurmit Singh (Retd) will felicitate and encourage the children.
Secretary Dr. Meenakshisundaram, Director Horticulture and Food Processing Department Dr. HS Baweja and senior officials of Tourism, Horticulture, ITBP, IMA, ONGC, IHM, Indian Postal service, Forest Department, Police, Culture, Finance and Horticulture Department including senior representatives of various Central and Government Departments/Institutions were also present.